CANASTOTA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Investigators have released the name of the person killed in a crash between a propane delivery truck and a car Wednesday morning on State Route 5 in Canastota.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office identified the victim as 22-year-old Paige Cosimeno of Canastota. Deputies report she attempted to enter State Route 5 from Delano Avenue when her car was hit by the propane truck traveling westbound on Rt. 5.
Route 5 between Oxbow Road and Tuttle Road was closed for more than four hours Wednesday
The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Package containing ricin, an extremely potent toxin, addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
- Syracuse offense struggles again in loss to 25th ranked Pittsburgh
- NYS COVID-19 positive rate stays below 1%, record number of test results reported on Friday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.