(WSYR-TV) — A big paving project on Interstate 81 will begin on Monday and affect Onondaga County’s northern suburbs and Oswego County.
It will affect six miles of Interstate 81, both northbound and southbound lanes, from just north of State Route 31 in Cicero to just south of State Route 49 in Hastings.
Starting on Monday, expect lane closures and delays on weekdays and overnight, with just one lane open in each direction. They will also be working on weekends.
The project includes on and off ramps and will wrap up in November.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: A couple showers this afternoon
- NY’s largest teachers union responds to reopening schools this fall
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS; positive rate remains below 1%
- Syracuse Police investigating after man says he was shot at Saturday morning
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, August 8th!
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.