DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The pedestrian bridge is now in place going over Interstate 481 in DeWitt.
Crews installed the structure over the weekend. It is part of the Empire State Trail, which leads to the Erie Canal Path and connects to the newly created trail down Towpath Road.
That path continues out to Erie Boulevard where new curbs, sidewalks and drainage will be installed.
Work will begin on the trail section in the median of Erie Boulevard in about five weeks.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Warm for CNY Thursday, showers for some
- COVID-19 testing options limited in rural parts of Central New York
- Business owner says all tenants of Shoppingtown Mall must vacate within 30 days
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.