DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The pedestrian bridge is now in place going over Interstate 481 in DeWitt.
Crews installed the structure over the weekend. It is part of the Empire State Trail, which leads to the Erie Canal Path and connects to the newly created trail down Towpath Road.
That path continues out to Erie Boulevard where new curbs, sidewalks and drainage will be installed.
Work will begin on the trail section in the median of Erie Boulevard in about five weeks.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ALERT: Heat Advisory issued for parts of CNY Tuesday
- WATCH: More heat and humidity to start the new week
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.