SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The 64-year-old man killed after being hit by a vehicle Friday night, was identified as Jeffrey Bigness of Clay.
Police tell NewsChannel 9 that the investigation reveals that Bigness was driving his motorcycle in the area and parked it on the side of the highway. The man got off his motorcycle and walked into the road to retrieve an item and was hit by an oncoming vehicle.
Bigness was taken to Upstate University Hospital where he later died. So far, no tickets have been issued but the investigation into the accident continues.
Stay with LocalSYR.com for updates.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Watch: April snow showers blanket CNY, gust winds continue
- April snow in CNY not welcomed but not unusual
- DeWitt Police warn of scammers asking for money for officers
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- Police: Man arrested after sexually abusing a child