FREETOWN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One person is dead after a farming accident in the Cortland County town of Freetown that happened just before 5:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Cortland County Sheriff’s Deputies say a Reuben Coplentz, 41, of Marathon, was moving a tractor that was pulling a wagon up a hill when the tractor turned over, pinning the driver.
Family members were able to free the driver by using a jack, but he died from his injuries at a local hospital.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Tipperary Hill celebrates Green Beer Sunday
- Onondaga Co. Volunteer Firefighters meet with local officials over financial concerns
- Comeback attempt falls short as Syracuse women’s basketball loses to Notre Dame
- Seneca County Board requests federal marshals assist with dispute within Cayuga Indian Nation
- Trimboli’s five-goal performance pushes #5 Syracuse past #7 Army
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9