FREETOWN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One person is dead after a farming accident in the Cortland County town of Freetown that happened just before 5:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Cortland County Sheriff’s Deputies say a Reuben Coplentz, 41, of Marathon, was moving a tractor that was pulling a wagon up a hill when the tractor turned over, pinning the driver.
Family members were able to free the driver by using a jack, but he died from his injuries at a local hospital.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Brindisi named to Armed Services Committee
- SU ending Hong Kong Study Abroad semester early due to violence
- Diplomats speak out as impeachment inquiry goes public
- Syracuse councilor scraps proposed changes to citizen police review board
- Border sister cities tackle trade, violence and migrant crisis during joint meeting of councils
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9