SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On the feast day of Saint Francis, people brought their pets to be blessed.
Furry friends of all faiths were welcomed to the Assumption Church located on North Salina Street Sunday.
In years past, the church has blessed bunnies, cats, dogs and even a hedgehog!
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Army veteran, former high school athlete coaches perseverance
- Lawmakers hope final presidential debate has more meaning
- Juarez mayor hospitalized with complications from COVID-19
- Onondaga County Executive: ‘It’s a complicated day,’ 61 new COVID-19 cases
- Potential COVID-19 exposures at 4 Oneida County businesses
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.