PHOENIX, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A man from Phoenix was rushed to Upstate University Hospital after his arms and hands were burned in a house fire along 14 Jay Lane.
According to the Phoenix Fire Department, Thomas Stobart, 47, was burned after investigators believe a fire started in his kitchen around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday. His condition at Upstate has not been released.
A woman was also home at the time. She was not injured.
Ten fire departments were called to help put out the fire. Oswego County Fire Coordinator Donald Forbes called the fire “challenging” and said given the time of day, it was difficult getting enough people to help put it out.
“We had ten departments here from Onondaga and Oswego counties,” Forbes said. “Just more departments, more manpower. Some days it is hard to get a lot of manpower at that time of day from each department. People are just going to work or getting home from work, so it took a few more departments.”
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Supermodel Emme Helps Raise Awareness of Heart Health
- CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Answers Questions About Breast Augmentation
- Trick-or-Treat Lunch Ideas
- ACR Health announces access to medication that helps prevent spreading HIV
- Homer Fire Department remembering one of their own
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9