SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Sweet sounds were heard coming from a beautiful, brand new Eastwood street piano Saturday.
David Haas, an Eastwood resident, came up with the idea back in 2017 after seeing the concept in Detroit, Michigan, but it took a team to bring it all together.
The Lutz family donated the instrument, Eastwood neighbor Dan Bingham painted it and local business owner, Steve Skinner, will house the piano at the Palace Theatre.
David Haas said, “Our hope is to get more people walking and enjoying Eastwood overall, and hopefully this encourages more art.”
The piano will live at the Palace Theatre and will normally be out on the street, but it will not be available for the public’s use until the COVID-19 pandemic is over.
People are encouraged to stop by and play a tune once it is available.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- WATCH: Reaching for a record high Friday
- Mental and behavioral health advocates say more funding needed to address concerns
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.