SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) The on-demand snow plow and lawn mowing app, Plowz & Mowz is giving back to the community where it was founded and still headquartered.
The company is offering up to 200 healthcare workers a free lawn mow as a thank you for the work their doing during this pandemic.
Wills Mahoney, co-founder, said, “When I set out to start Plowz & Mowz it was about helping people and solving a problem. We look at that every day and if we can help someone, and we can help these people that are helping other people at the same time, we gotta go do it.”
Download the Plowz & Mowz app, sign up for a lawn mowing and when you get to the final order screen enter the code HERO. That will zero out the order up to $60, which Mahoney says should easily cover a free lawn mow, unless it’s a really big property.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Fort Drum soldier dies in rollover accident in Afghanistan
- WATCH: Very warm to finish out the holiday weekend
- Syracuse Fire Department responds to nearly 150 calls on July Fourth
- Litter of abandoned kittens up for adoption in Oswego: Petsavers
- Boat parade on St. Lawrence River shows support for President Trump
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.