ONEIDA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Oneida City Police have arrested one person for failing to follow a mandatory quarantine order after testing positive for COVID-19.
The person has been charged with criminal contempt for not self-isolating after multiple warnings.
They were given an appearance ticket and then released due to New York State’s Bail Reform laws.
Due to HIPAA Privacy laws, police cannot release the name of the person.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Tear gas, clashes in Beirut amid fury over massive blast
- WATCH: A couple showers this afternoon
- NY’s largest teachers union responds to reopening schools this fall
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS; positive rate remains below 1%
- Syracuse Police investigating after man says he was shot at Saturday morning
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.