SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Two men were brought to the hospital Saturday night, after a gun was accidentally fired.
According to Syracuse police, when officers arrived at the 200 block of Fairfield Ave. just after 6:30 p.m., they found two men who had been shot.
After investigation, police found that Lance Erb, 61, was handling a firearm in a house when he accidentally fired the gun.
The bullet hit Erb in the hand, and also struck another 61-year-old man in the stomach.
Both men were transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Erb was eventually arrested and charged with reckless endangerment in the first degree, criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, and criminal possession of a firearm.
Erb was later lodged at the Onondaga County Justice Center.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation gives Upstate New York $85,000 in grants to support coronavirus response
- WATCH: Newsmakers: Rick Reagan talks unemployment during the coronavirus pandemic
- WATCH: Clouds remain Friday, few showers too
- Legislation to create Syracuse STEAM school included in state budget
- County breakdown shows the impact of COVID-19 on jobs