AUBURN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An Auburn man thought he was meeting up with a teenager for sex, but was instead greeted by police and arrested for disseminating indecent material to a minor.
According to police, Christopher Jones, 26, messaged a 13-year-old boy through Facebook and offered him money in exchange for sex.
Police said that Jones also shared sexually graphic messages with the teenager.
Jones went to the Mill Street Dam, where he thought he was meeting with the boy but was instead met by police.
Jones was arrested without incident and is being held on a $10,000 bail.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Skunk tests positive for rabies in City of Rome
- Toss ‘N’ Fire Wood-Fired Pizza Announces New CNY Location
- Rochester airport to be named for Frederick Douglass
- Gov. Cuomo provides Wednesday coronavirus update for NYS
- Norwich man facing burglary and assault charges in Guilford
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.