AUBURN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An Auburn man thought he was meeting up with a teenager for sex, but was instead greeted by police and arrested for disseminating indecent material to a minor.
According to police, Christopher Jones, 26, messaged a 13-year-old boy through Facebook and offered him money in exchange for sex.
Police said that Jones also shared sexually graphic messages with the teenager.
Jones went to the Mill Street Dam, where he thought he was meeting with the boy but was instead met by police.
Jones was arrested without incident and is being held on a $10,000 bail.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Staying dry for now
- WATCH: Gov. Cuomo offering daily coronavirus briefing at 11:30 a.m.
- COVID-19 News From Oneida County
- How to “see” the doctor during the coronavirus outbreak: Consumer Reports
- Storm Team Academy: Microbursts
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.