SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police have finished their investigation into a crash where a 13-year-old was hit by a car on James Street on October 18th.
Police say the cause of the crash was a pedestrian error, saying Zyere Jackson was in the street in the path of oncoming traffic when he was hit near Lincoln Middle School.
The driver of the vehicle was not charged in the crash, but has been ticketed for driving without insurance and with a suspended registration. Police say the driver stopped and called 911 immediately after hitting the boy.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- 2 political signs vandalized in Liverpool
- Steuben Co. reports 5 COVID-19 deaths at the Corning Center nursing home
- Rapid COVID-19 testing hard to find in CNY area
- American flag torn, burned during protest at Ithaca Police Department
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9