SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police have finished their investigation into a crash where a 13-year-old was hit by a car on James Street on October 18th.
Police say the cause of the crash was a pedestrian error, saying Zyere Jackson was in the street in the path of oncoming traffic when he was hit near Lincoln Middle School.
The driver of the vehicle was not charged in the crash, but has been ticketed for driving without insurance and with a suspended registration. Police say the driver stopped and called 911 immediately after hitting the boy.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Ithaca edges Cortland in men’s DIII basketball action
- Carmelo Anthony makes his NBA return with the Portland Trail Blazers
- WATCH: Some flurries into Wednesday then a bit of a warm up
- ‘Back to the Future’ star makes an appearance at Baker High School
- Local agencies participate in active shooter training
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9