NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — With Halloween less than a week away, police will be out in full force, cracking down on drunk and distracted drivers.
Expect to see a number of sobriety checkpoints and additional patrols looking for people on their phones or other devices behind the wheel.
If you have Halloween plans, find a designated driver, call a taxi or use a ridesharing service.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Church Safety and Security Summit prepares people for the worst
- 4th Annual Syracuse Women’s March held
- Funderburk’s 1st double-double helps NC State past Clemson, 60-54
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9