NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — With Halloween less than a week away, police will be out in full force, cracking down on drunk and distracted drivers.
Expect to see a number of sobriety checkpoints and additional patrols looking for people on their phones or other devices behind the wheel.
If you have Halloween plans, find a designated driver, call a taxi or use a ridesharing service.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse football holds first official practice
- Suffrage Saturdays: Local museum hosts speakers to celebrate 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote
- WATCH: Heat and humidity begins to ramp up Sunday into next week
- Salt City Market’s Cake Bar tests recipes downtown on Saturday
- Mother of son with special needs speaks out in full support of reopening NYS schools
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9