TOWN OF SALINA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — According to the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, a Mattydale woman has been charged in connection with the death of a 23-month-old child.
Jessica Sims, 24 of Mattydale, was charged in connection with the death of a 23-month-old that happened on July 19, 2019.
Sims was running a day care out of her Mattydale apartment and has been accused of causing a severe head injury to Lennox Santiago of Liverpool.
Police were called to the apartment on July 17, 2019, when Sims called and said the child had fallen out of a chair and hit his head.
Lennox was taken to Upstate University Hospital where he died two days later from his injuries.
After an investigation that was done by the Abused Persons Unit, Sims was charged with manslaughter in the first degree.
She has been accused of recklessly causing the child’s death by hitting the child’s head on a table inside of her apartment.
Sims was arraigned on March 12 in Centralized Arraignment Court and taken to the Justice Center.
Bail was set at $25,000 case or a $100,000 bond.
Sims is scheduled to appear in the Town of Salina Court on March 18.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Sterling Renaissance Festival plans on opening this year, needs approval from state and local authorities
- 5 people hurt after crash in Elbridge
- La Linea targets police officers following arrest of top cartel lieutenant
- Legal immigration advice to be offered free via teleconference
- CBP extends closure of enrollment centers for Trusted Traveler Program
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9