CAMDEN, N.Y. (AP) — State police say an upstate New York police deputy’s gun accidentally discharged in a restaurant and injured two people. The incident occurred Saturday evening at a restaurant in Camden, about 20 miles northeast of Syracuse.
State police say an off-duty Otsego County deputy’s handgun discharged while he was seated at a table. The bullet went through the bottom of his pants, ricocheted off the floor and struck a 38-year-old woman and a 10-year-old girl.
The woman suffered a minor injury to her right foot, and the girl was treated for a laceration to her right thigh and elbow. State police are investigating.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Tracking the Tropics: Gulf Coast braces, again, for hurricane as Zeta takes aim
- J-D boys cruise past Central Square
- Westhill tops Bishop Ludden in overtime
- LaFayette blanks Tully in boys soccer
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.