SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Police reported that one man is dead after a motorcycle crash in the City of Syracuse Sunday evening.
According to Syracuse Police, officers responded to the West Street ramp from I-690 West to reports of a serious motor vehicle crash.
When officers arrived, police say they found a crashed motorcycle and a man who was unresponsive.
The man, Francis Mason, 60, was pronounced dead on the scene.
Syracuse police say the West Street ramp from I-690 and North Franklin Street was temporarily closed to traffic, but has since re-opened.
The investigation is active and ongoing.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- WATCH: Few more showers and turning milder overnight
- Some beneficial rainfall totals from Monday and Tuesday across CNY
- Last Republican congressional stronghold in SoCal now a toss-up
- Onondaga County continues investing in neighborhoods during pandemic