BROOME COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One person has been arrested after illegal fireworks were found by police during a traffic stop.
On Sunday, June 28, New York State Police arrested Casey Jean, 25, of Tully, after finding illegal fireworks in Jean’s possession.
A trooper initiated a traffic stop on Interstate 81 in the Town of Dickinson after witnessing a traffic violation. After investigating, the trooper found illegal fireworks totaling over $2,700 in Jean’s possession.
Jean has been charged with a misdemeanor of unlawfully dealing with fireworks and dangerous fireworks. He was arrested, processed and released on an appearance ticket.
He will appear in the Town of Dickinson court on July 14.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Fort Drum soldier dies in rollover accident in Afghanistan
- WATCH: Very warm to finish out the holiday weekend
- Syracuse Fire Department responds to nearly 150 calls on July Fourth
- Litter of abandoned kittens up for adoption in Oswego: Petsavers
- Boat parade on St. Lawrence River shows support for President Trump
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.