WAYNE COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A man has been arrested after police said he cut another man across the neck with a sword.
Joshua Alexander, 30 of the Town of Lyons, was arrested on Tuesday. Police said the incident happened around 2:25 a.m. at Alexander’s residence on Jackson Street.
The victim was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital.
Alexander was arrested and charged with attempted murder in the second degree and assault in the first degree.
His arraignment was scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Wayne County CAPS court.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Onondaga County DA Bill Fitzpatrick discusses Saturday’s violence and curfew orders
- WATCH: Unseasonable chill and mainly dry tonight
- Cleaning up downtown Syracuse after Saturday’s protests
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation
- George Floyd protests continue in Syracuse, demonstrators are peaceful
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.