CAYUGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A member of the New York State Police was hurt after a car chase in Cayuga County.
The officer tried to pull over Reynaldo Ratcliffe Sierra, 23, on Monday in the Town of Sennett. Police say Sierra drove off and eventually started running in the City of Auburn. When the officer caught up with him, they say Sierra resisted arrest, and that’s when the officer was injured.
The officer was treated at the hospital and released. Sierra faces multiple charges, including assault.
More on NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police to assist with Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign
- WATCH: Dry into Friday but rain to start the weekend
- United States and China near trade deal that would suspend planned tariffs
- Cayuga County holds public hearing on potential Styrofoam ban
- Amazon’s deadlines to ensure you receive gifts in time for the holidays
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9