SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A woman was injured by broken glass after the vehicle she was in was hit by gunfire.
Just before 11 p.m. on Tuesday, the Syracuse Police Department was called to the area of Erie Boulevard East and Westmoreland Avenue for a call of shots fired. At the scene, police found a vehicle that had been shot at. There were two people inside. A woman was injured by broken glass and was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The male driver was not injured.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Buffalo Kickoff Live- Sept. 27
- Sweet, energetic Terrier Pit Bull mix hopes to connect with forever family: Petsavers
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Sunday, September 27th!
- News on the Go for Sunday, September 27th
- WATCH: Feeling more like July than September
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.