MADISON COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In Madison County, a number of police agencies rushed to the scene of what turned out to be a false report of people being shot in the Town of Georgetown.
Sheriff’s deputies said a 32-year-old man had claimed that he shot three people. Neighbors in the 3000 block of Chapman Road also reported hearing three shots fired.
No one was shot, but the man was found to be in possession of a rifle.
He was taken into custody without incident.
He is now facing a felony weapons charge.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Perspective helps F-M grad Ashley Twichell through Olympic uncertainty, looks forward to 2021
- Instacart workers plan to strike amid growing coronavirus crisis
- Beware of scams related to stimulus checks
- WATCH: Areas of drizzle, showers and patchy fog this evening
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.