ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Sheriff’s office tells NewsChannel 9 they have a person of interest surrounding the hit-and-run along Onondaga Lake Parkway. That person is being interviewed by deputies and the investigation is active and ongoing.
The man who was struck, Jason Quackenbush, 31, of Liverpool, is still in critical condition at Upstate University Hospital. He was walking on the Parkway, near the CSX railroad bridge, around 9 p.m. Saturday, when the driver of a 2001 Nissan Altima hit him and kept going.
Investigators have since located that vehicle.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
- Oswego set for firework display Sunday night, Utica Street bridge will be closed to vehicles
- WATCH: Partly cloudy and a bit more humid, but not too bad tonight
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9