ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Sheriff’s office tells NewsChannel 9 they have a person of interest surrounding the hit-and-run along Onondaga Lake Parkway. That person is being interviewed by deputies and the investigation is active and ongoing.
The man who was struck, Jason Quackenbush, 31, of Liverpool, is still in critical condition at Upstate University Hospital. He was walking on the Parkway, near the CSX railroad bridge, around 9 p.m. Saturday, when the driver of a 2001 Nissan Altima hit him and kept going.
Investigators have since located that vehicle.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Sports photographer’s Big Ten Zoom spoof goes viral
- Missouri soldier surprises his kids with early homecoming
- Parishioner tests positive for COVID-19, potential exposure at Cayuga County church
- Playbook week 2 – Canceled ACC games and ranked matchups
- Bilingual newspaper celebrates heritage, keeps Latino community connected
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9