CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Drivers who use Caughdenoy Road in Clay may need to find a different route to travel.
A portion of Cuaghdenoy Road, between Black Creek Road and Francher Road, is closed after a truck crashed into a utility pole and damaged it.
According to the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, the stretch of road will remain closed until workers can make repairs.
The Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office says a woman was driving when she took her eyes of the road to check on a six-year-old child in the backseat, causing her to inadvertently drive off the road.
No one was injured in the crash.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ESM girls stay unbeaten with shutout win over Cortland
- CBA girls win their 5th straight game
- WATCH: Rain changing to snow over CNY overnight
- Clemson star quarterback Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Wells College remains COVID-19 free 9 weeks into the semester
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9