(WSYR-TV) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed an executive order on Friday afternoon that will make the Board of Elections include a postage paid return envelope with an absentee ballot for the June 23 primary election.
The Democratic presidential primary was already canceled, so this applies to congressional races like the Democratic primary in New York State’s 24th Congressional District.
School board and budget elections will now happen June 9 by mail and postage will be included.
Village and Town elections have been pushed back to September 15.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Power shut off in California as winds, fire danger increase
- Jews For Trump car parade stirs protests, fights in New York
- Gas prices expected to continue dropping this fall
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Fugitive of the Week: Level three sex offender Robert Mitchell wanted for not registering place of residence
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.