WASHINGTON, D.C. (WSYR-TV) — Another big win for Congressman Anthony Brindisi as he has his fourth bill signed into law by President Trump.
The SPOONSS Act, which is part of the National Defense Authorization Act, requires that the Department of Defense has to purchase American-made flatware.
This Act will benefit Sherrill Manufacturing in Oneida County, which is in the district Brindisi serves. Sherrill Manufacturing is the only American-made flatware manufacturer.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Clouds and drizzle linger Friday, it gets better this weekend
- North Country wake-up weather: Black Friday
- ‘X’ gender marker could be coming to New York State licenses
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9