WASHINGTON, D.C. (WSYR-TV) — Another big win for Congressman Anthony Brindisi as he has his fourth bill signed into law by President Trump.
The SPOONSS Act, which is part of the National Defense Authorization Act, requires that the Department of Defense has to purchase American-made flatware.
This Act will benefit Sherrill Manufacturing in Oneida County, which is in the district Brindisi serves. Sherrill Manufacturing is the only American-made flatware manufacturer.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: A couple showers this afternoon
- NY’s largest teachers union responds to reopening schools this fall
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS; positive rate remains below 1%
- Syracuse Police investigating after man says he was shot at Saturday morning
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, August 8th!
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9