SCHENECTADY, NY (WSYR-TV) — Price Chopper/Market 32 officials said the company needs to hire 2,000 new part-time workers or temporary part-time workers to help with the influx of customers during the COVID-19 crisis.
The company says it is expediting hiring and training so as to get the workers in stores as soon as possible.
The pandemic outbreak has been devastating to so many businesses and their employees. At the same time, we must keep our stores open to provide the community with vital goods and services – and through our exceptional teammates are working around the clock to do this – we need some extra help. It’s our hope that this hiring opportunity provides relief to many for the sake of serving many more within our communities.Mike Miller – Vice President of Human Resources Operations
You can apply online at the company’s website.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Staying safe during the Fourth of July weekend
- State police nab 3 with illegal weapons on Thruway traffic stop
- Syracuse football lands three-star quarterback from California
- Alternative Baseball Organization wants to come to Syracuse
- 2 adults, 5 children sent to hospital after crash in Oneida County
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9