CORTLAND COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Project Lifesaver helped to locate a missing vulnerable adult in Cortland County on Wednesday evening.
An 81-year-old man was reported missing in the City of Cortland around 5:45 p.m. on Wednesday. The missing man was part of Project Lifesaver, which is a non-profit organization that provides first responders with equipment that helps to locate people who are prone to wander, and the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office was called to assist in the search. Less than an hour later, the missing man was located, and was turned over to a family member.
For more information on Project Lifesaver, visit www.projectlifesaver.org, contact the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office at (607) 758-5599 or the Office of the Ageing at (607) 753-5060.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Fulton parents protest fall sports postponement
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- Building trust on the border: FBI director works with community to stem crime, cyber threats
- Justice Ginsburg’s ‘fervent’ last wish was to ‘not be replaced until a new president is installed,’ report says
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.