ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A rescue organization in Rochester has brought together two unlikely friends.
Herman the Pigeon suffered neurological damage more than a year ago and can no longer fly.
The Mia Foundation took him in. The organization helps animals with special needs and birth defects.
Herman was paired with little Lundy, a chihuahua puppy that can’t walk and the two really hit it off.
They started cuddling almost immediately. The foundation raised $6,000 in two days after posting their picture on social media.
People who love these two can also pre-order a book about them.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Warm with a widely scattered shower or two
- Paving project on I-81 to affect traffic in Onondaga County and Oswego County
- Staying safe during the Fourth of July weekend
- State police nab 3 with illegal weapons on Thruway traffic stop
- Syracuse football lands three-star quarterback from California
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9