ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A rescue organization in Rochester has brought together two unlikely friends.
Herman the Pigeon suffered neurological damage more than a year ago and can no longer fly.
The Mia Foundation took him in. The organization helps animals with special needs and birth defects.
Herman was paired with little Lundy, a chihuahua puppy that can’t walk and the two really hit it off.
They started cuddling almost immediately. The foundation raised $6,000 in two days after posting their picture on social media.
People who love these two can also pre-order a book about them.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Democrats propose ways to oversee Trump administration’s response to COVID-19
- WATCH: Some clouds tonight but we will stay dry
- Onondaga Co. Executive talks about social distancing in the county
- US Rep. Bill Huizenga hopes to give front liners tax relief
- Virtual therapy uptick to cope with mental health during COVID-19 outbreak
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9