SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — White Coats for Black Lives is advocating for more research on the health effects of racism while demanding equal access to medical care.
On Friday, members of Saint Joseph’s Health spent eight minutes and 46 seconds in silence and reflection in honor of George Floyd.
It was a moment I never thought that I’d have to experience and as uncomfortable it was for me, I kind of feel tearful thinking what those eight minutes and 46 seconds must have been like for Mr. Floyd. And when he cried out to his mom, I think that was a cry for moms all over.Brandiss Pearson — Director of Community Engagement
Friday’s movement at Saint Joseph’s was initiated and organized by Dr. Matt Micco, one of the family medicine residents.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests
- Kentucky AG asks for delay in release of Breonna Taylor grand jury recordings
- September’s dry streak comes to abrupt end just in time to close out the month
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate recap; DNA test reunites brothers
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.