SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — New York State is storing refrigeration trucks at Woodlawn Cemetery in Syracuse.
They are empty and have been since they arrived a few weeks ago. The superintendent of the cemetery said the trucks are a “just in case measure,” in case the state needed extra space to store bodies from other parts of New York before burial or cremation.
They are expected to be stores there for about two more weeks, again just as a precaution.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NY Governor addresses looting and criminal activity issues
- Black bear caught on camera in Town of Clay
- SAT drops plans for home exam amid internet access concerns
- Syracuse athletes can begin returning to school June 8 for voluntary workouts
- Reports: SUNY Chancellor Kristina Johnson to resign
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.