(WSYR-TV) — The Albany Times Union has reported that SUNY Chancellor Kristina Johnson is preparing to resign.
The newspaper cited two state officials with knowledge of the situation.
Those officials said Johnson intends to become President of Ohio State University.
The paper said it obtained an unsigned resignation letter addressed to SUNY’s chair. The letter says Johnson has agreed to become president starting September 1.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- DOJ rewards Southern California police department for fighting human trafficking
- US citizen tried to drive across border in car packed with meth
- Maquiladoras, outdoor markets shut down for ignoring social-distancing rules
- Private-border wall builder admits soil eroding at South Texas site
- COVID-19 hits border cities hard: 14 deaths and 428 new cases in one day
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.