SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — NewsChannel 9 Anchor Rod Wood has been hunkered down at home for the last few weeks, as he tries to avoid COVID-19. On Thursday, the legendary NewsChannel 9 anchor was able to provide an update as to how he was doing.
According to Rod, he’s been taking walks, watching movies and keeping up with the news as he waits for the pandemic to be over.
Rod says he is feeling fine, but as he is approaching his 80th birthday, NewsChannel 9 thought it was best that he stays home during the pandemic.
We hope to see you back in the studio soon Rod! Stay safe!
To hear the full conversation between Rod and Christie, click on the video at the top of the page.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- CNY’s COVID positivity rate dips below 8% as Gov. Hochul updates the state’s numbers
- Governor Hochul provides Saturday coronavirus update
- SUNY students and faculty call for Chancellor Jim Malatras to resign after disturbing text messages released
- UPDATE: One dead, another in critical condition after an early Saturday morning shooting in Fulton
- Tell Me Something Good: In the studio with Prince