ROME, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The husband of a Rome woman whose body was found in an Oneida County landfill is now facing a second-degree murder charge, accused of shooting his wife in the back of the head before dumping her body.
Jason D’Avolio, 47, previously pleaded not guilty to hiding his wife’s body. Kerrilee D’Avolio, 32, was found at the Oneida County landfill in July after a missing persons report went out asking people to check dumpsters in the city for her remains. The Oneida County District Attorney says d’Avolio claims his wife committed suicide and he put her body in a dumpster.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Sunny, dry start to Sunday
- WATCH: Dino Babers press conference
- Goodyear Blimp flies over the Dome
- People with local ties involved in SU game
- Lots of tailgating before the big game
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9