ROME, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Rome Police are investigating a shooting that left two people dead and another injured.
According to the Rome Police Department, at 6:05 Saturday night, officers responded to the 100 block of Whittier Ave., where they found one man dead in the driveway.
Officers found a female victim inside the house. She told officers she was shot in the stomach. The victim told police a male suspect was also in the home and had died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The female victim was brought to the hospital for treatment and is expected to survive.
Earlier on Saturday, around 4:30 p.m., the female victim filed a domestic incident complaint with Rome Police, but did not want charges pressed. According to police, the complaint did not include any physical violence, and was only made so it could be documented for family court purposes.
Police say the female victim and the male suspect had previously been in an intimate relationship, but still lived together on Whittier Avenue.
Police also say the male victim who has found dead in the driveway is the brother of the female victim.
The Rome Police Department is still investigating the incident.
This is a developing story, and NewsChannel 9 will provide updates as they become available.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 21st Congressional District
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo set to hold a briefing at 11:30 a.m.
- PayPal becomes first entity to receive Bitlicense in New York State
- Members of Congress send letter to National Parks requesting extension of Every Kid Outdoors program
- Empire State Winter Games canceled because of COVID-19 concerns