ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon was sworn into office Monday afternoon.
After being appointed to the position earlier this year when Joanie Mahoney stepped down to take a job with SUNY, McMahon defeated Tony Malavenda in November to win election to a four-year term.
McMahon says after a successful 2019, he’s ready for a new term in office, hopefully filled with more development and economic advancements.
“We’re just so excited for 2020 and for the people that know me, I think everybody’s getting to know me, we’re gonna step on the gas and we’re going to continue to push and push. We can’t become complacent because we’ve had some success because now’s the opportunity we can build that infrastructure moving forward so we can have generational success.”Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon
McMahon says many more announcements are expected to come in the 2020 State of the County address.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Dry weather comes to an end Saturday
- City of Cortland Police officer shot after responding to domestic dispute
- US-run maquiladoras go on monthlong work-stoppage in Juarez
- 20-year-old from Onondaga Co. with COVID-19 asks people to ‘stay inside and stop being ignorant’
- Coronavirus relief package passes but it didn’t come easy
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9