SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One woman’s promise to help women battling breast cancer is still ringing true ten years after her death. The Saint Agatha Foundation held its gala event at the Marriott Syracuse downtown Thursday evening.
Juli Boeheim was one of the honorary chairs.
Laurie Mezzalingua established the foundation to provide financial assistance to those struggling with the disease. Laurie’s mother, Kathleen, is the president of her foundation and keeps her daughter’s memory and promise alive.
“I think she’d be so proud,” Kathy Mezzalingua said. “She asked me if I would run it for her when she was dying and I said I would just be honored to, and I’ve just followed my heart and just done whatever she’d want us to do.”
NewsChannel 9’s Carrie Lazarus served as emcee of the event.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Veteran News Reporter Jeff Kulikowsky Talks About Taking On Evening Co-Anchor Role
- Oswego City School District extending remote learning through December 11
- Cayuga Co. Legislature Chair: Follow advice of healthcare community on Thanksgiving
- Chubby Checker Remote Sound System Takeover At Del Lago Resort & Casino
- Ms. & Mr. Orange Fan Virtual Evening to Support Make-A-Wish CNY
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9