SALINA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Salina man has pleaded not guilty in court to manslaughter charges relating to the death of a young child.
According to detectives, Matthew Brennan shook 1-year-old Mason Washburn back in August of 2018.
The baby was taken to Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital with a severe brain hemorrhage. Mason died last November.
Brennan initially fled to North Carolina after the infant’s death and missed a court appearance. He was extradited back to New York.
On Monday, Brennan pleaded not guilty to both manslaughter and endangering the welfare of a child.
He is due back in court on March 9.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Voltage Video Games closing its Manlius location
- Ithaca Police Department investigates double shooting
- UK variant of COVID-19 found in Tompkins County
- Oneida Co. Exec. plans investigation into board of election’s failures exposed from NY-22 legal battle
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9