SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Salt City Comic Con, Upstate New York’s largest pop culture event, will get even larger as it moves to the Exposition Center at the New York State Fairgrounds July 6-7.
The Comic-Con focuses on the people and culture surrounding comics, TV, movies, books, graphic novels and cosplay.
Along with nearly 100 vendors selling items related to comics and pop culture, there will be appearances from stars, creators and memorabilia, cosplay contests, game competitions and more.
New this year will be a midway adjacent to the Expo Center, offering rides and featuring a food truck court.
Among the highlights of Salt City Comic Con will be appearances by:
- Actor Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the original “Ghostbusters,” along with Ecto-1a, the Ghostbusters’ work vehicle
- Wrestling star Lita, a WWE Women’s Champion and Hall of Fame member
- Comic writer Mark Wald, writer of Daredevil, The Flash, Archie, Ant-Man & the Wasp and others
- Comics creators Tom Peyer and Frank Cammuso of Syracuse’s AHOY Comics;
- Pro wrestlers Sabu, The Super Genie and The Rock ‘N’ Roll Express
- New York Mets Hall of Fame pitcher Dwight “Doc” Gooden
There will also be panel discussions, with topics and participants yet to be determined.
Salt City Comic Con officials are working with the Great New York State Fair to create a Comic Con event during the 2019 Fair.