SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Schiller Park is back open! The City of Syracuse posted a video on Twitter on Tuesday afternoon.
This all comes after the Syracuse Common Council approved $45,000 last month in emergency repairs.
The park was fenced off while the space was rehabbed. The grass took a beating because it had been so popular.
For the future, they are working to get a plan in place, hoping more prevention and regular upkeep avoids any more long-term closures.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NY Health Department confirms 2nd vaping-related death
- Addressing the vaping epidemic: ESM and Crouse Health hosting an open forum
- The Gridiron Nation: Which teams will make it to the College Football Playoffs?
- SUNY Board of Trustees announces task force to listen to students
- Friendsgiving Catered By Wegmans
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9