SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Schiller Park is back open! The City of Syracuse posted a video on Twitter on Tuesday afternoon.
This all comes after the Syracuse Common Council approved $45,000 last month in emergency repairs.
The park was fenced off while the space was rehabbed. The grass took a beating because it had been so popular.
For the future, they are working to get a plan in place, hoping more prevention and regular upkeep avoids any more long-term closures.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Western NY high school student pulled out of class as immunization law takes effect
- New initiative working to connect businesses with employees
- WATCH: The great weather continues
- Study says number of kids vaping has doubled in last two years
- SU’s 2020 commencement to be held in the quad
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9