(CNN/WSYR-TV) — Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer readily admits he spends thousands of dollars on cheesecake.
He said Sunday his guilty pleasure is dessert from Junior’s Cheesecake in New York.
It’s not tax money being spent, it’s private donations. FEC filings show the friends of Schumer PAC have shelled out more than $8,000 there in less than a decade.
Schumer says he shares the sweets.
Schumer’s office says he likes all the flavors, but he thinks the plain cheesecake allows one to really enjoy the Junior’s recipe.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Onondaga County Executive confirms Destiny USA is in an Orange Zone
- Virus outbreak delays production at world’s top rubber glove maker
- Toy safety group releases annual list of top 10 ‘worst’ toys
- Trevor Noah to host 2021 Grammy Awards
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9