NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — Veteran State Senator Jim Seward has been released from the hospital. The good news comes just days after he was taken out of the ICU as his condition improved.
On March 30th, Seward’s office announced the senator was diagnosed with COVID-19.
Seward was released from Albany Medical Center and will recuperate at home. His district includes parts of Cortland, Chenango, Cayuga, and Tompkins counties and announced earlier this year that he would not seek re-election. He is also fighting the return of cancer, which was first diagnosed in 2016.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NY Blitz Gridiron Update: Week 7
- Fall colors remain near peak in Central New York heading into the weekend
- Driver charged with DWI after going wrong way on I-690, crashing in Van Buren
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Balter says attack ads are ‘sexist and racist,’ Katko campaign calls complaints ‘offensive’
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.