SENECA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The chair of the Seneca County Board of Supervisors told NewsChannel 9 that permits have been issued to the Cayuga Nation so that demolition and cleanup can resume.
The county will monitor the work to ensure compliance with the issued permits.
This came after the nation’s leader, Clint Halftown, said he used tribal law to seize and demolish several buildings connected to a separate group called the Unity Council.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- City of Oswego set for Christmas tree lighting and fireworks show Saturday night
- Residents escape house fire in Fulton early Saturday morning
- Firefighters extinguish fire at vacant house in Liverpool Saturday morning
- News on the Go for Saturday, November 28th
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for November, 28th 2020
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9