ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Sherrill couple admitted in Oneida County court to bilking friends and acquaintances out of thousands of dollars, all to lead a lavish lifestyle with sleek cars.
David and Ramona Wright plead guilty to securities exchange fraud charges. The state Attorney General says the two were heavily in debt back in 2009 and they formed a company at their home and took more than $760,000 in investments.
The couple used the money to fund a lifestyle that included a 53-foot yacht, two Lincoln SUVs, two BMWs and an Orlando timeshare.
As part of their guilty plea, they’ve agreed to forfeit the yacht, along with $68,000 towards restitution.
David Wright faces three to nine years in state prison, while Ramona Wright faces one to three years in state prison.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Western NY high school student pulled out of class as immunization law takes effect
- New initiative working to connect businesses with employees
- WATCH: The great weather continues
- Study says number of kids vaping has doubled in last two years
- SU’s 2020 commencement to be held in the quad
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9