ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Sherrill couple admitted in Oneida County court to bilking friends and acquaintances out of thousands of dollars, all to lead a lavish lifestyle with sleek cars.
David and Ramona Wright plead guilty to securities exchange fraud charges. The state Attorney General says the two were heavily in debt back in 2009 and they formed a company at their home and took more than $760,000 in investments.
The couple used the money to fund a lifestyle that included a 53-foot yacht, two Lincoln SUVs, two BMWs and an Orlando timeshare.
As part of their guilty plea, they’ve agreed to forfeit the yacht, along with $68,000 towards restitution.
David Wright faces three to nine years in state prison, while Ramona Wright faces one to three years in state prison.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse women’s lacrosse game set for Friday moved
- WATCH: Lake effect snow stays well north of Syracuse overnight
- 3rd annual NAACP address to the community took place Thursday night
- Feds, Cuomo still in talks on Trusted Traveler ban
- 3 arrested following Auburn standoff
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9