SHERRILL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A couple from Sherrill was sentenced this week after scamming Central New Yorkers for $760,000.
David and Romona Wright pleaded guilty in September to defrauding more than two dozen friends and acquaintances in a scheme involving a rehabilitative hospital bed marketed by their former company.
The Wrights instead spent that money on a yacht, two luxury SUV’s, Rolex watches, and a timeshare. They also pocketed $100,000 in cash.
David Wright will spend two to six years in prison. Romana Wright got five years probation.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- It’s national voter registration day
- Clyde-Savannah schools transition to online learning Wednesday after COVID-19 case
- Louisville police chief declares state of emergency for department ahead of Breonna Taylor case update
- Occupy City Hall demonstration ends in Rochester after Mayor Warren, RPD subpoenaed in Daniel Prude case
- Ithaca asking residents to limit water use
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9