DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — With only a couple of hours left before the deadline, the ShoppingTown Mall paid a county and town tax bill for over $100,000.
This is now the fourth tax check in two months from the mall.
A federal bankruptcy judge in December ordered the mall to start making $25,000 monthly payments toward their tax debt and be current on their taxes.
So far, they have made two payments toward the debt and paid the current year’s school taxes and now county and town taxes.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse football holds first official practice
- Suffrage Saturdays: Local museum hosts speakers to celebrate 100th anniversary of women’s right to vote
- WATCH: Heat and humidity begins to ramp up Sunday into next week
- Salt City Market’s Cake Bar tests recipes downtown on Saturday
- Mother of son with special needs speaks out in full support of reopening NYS schools
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9