CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The planning board for the Town of Clay took a step further in the plans to build a massive warehouse and distribution center on Morgan Rd. The board voted 6-0 in favor of the site plan, with one abstaining.
That approval is in regards to the plan to build a nearly four million square foot facility where the Liverpool Golf and Country Club is located.
The town board unanimously approved a zoning change to convert the property to industrial on Nov. 6.
Following the local approvals, a representative for the developer, Trammell Crow Company, says it needs the okay from the state and the federal government. They hope to get that done by the end of this year and begin construction sometime in March of 2020.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Hazy, hot, and humid, could hit 90 for the first time this year
- Syracuse Police respond to reported shooting on city’s south side
- Challenging record heat next two days in CNY
- 911 dispatchers: 3 injured after crash on Route 176 in Cayuga County
- Highlights from Home 5-25-20
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9