CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The planning board for the Town of Clay took a step further in the plans to build a massive warehouse and distribution center on Morgan Rd. The board voted 6-0 in favor of the site plan, with one abstaining.
That approval is in regards to the plan to build a nearly four million square foot facility where the Liverpool Golf and Country Club is located.
The town board unanimously approved a zoning change to convert the property to industrial on Nov. 6.
Following the local approvals, a representative for the developer, Trammell Crow Company, says it needs the okay from the state and the federal government. They hope to get that done by the end of this year and begin construction sometime in March of 2020.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Raiders player Carl Nassib announces he’s gay in Instagram video
- New Oneida Co. Commissioners explain changes made to prevent NY-22 mistakes from happening again
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Expect delays in downtown Syracuse as milling and paving begin on Clinton St.
- WATCH: See photos/videos of storm damage in CNY including downed trees, power outages
- WATCH: Severe threat has ended with just a few more showers expected tonight
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9