CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The planning board for the Town of Clay took a step further in the plans to build a massive warehouse and distribution center on Morgan Rd. The board voted 6-0 in favor of the site plan, with one abstaining.
That approval is in regards to the plan to build a nearly four million square foot facility where the Liverpool Golf and Country Club is located.
The town board unanimously approved a zoning change to convert the property to industrial on Nov. 6.
Following the local approvals, a representative for the developer, Trammell Crow Company, says it needs the okay from the state and the federal government. They hope to get that done by the end of this year and begin construction sometime in March of 2020.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Schweinfurth Art Center completes air system upgrades as new exhibit opens
- Car thefts continue to be a problem across Central New York
- WATCH: Heat backs off for midweek but still very warm
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- 1 sent to hospital after shooting in Ithaca
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9