SKANEATELES, NY (WSYR-TV) — The Skaneateles Lake Association reports a small Harmful Algal Bloom was spotted in Skaneateles Lake Monday morning near Thayer Park.
Monitoring equipment spotted the bloom just before 8:30 a.m., but it dissipated by 11 a.m., though it could reform because of sunlight, high temperature and a lack of wind.
The SLA says this is the first report of a Harmful Algal Bloom on the lake this year.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Governor Cuomo says a vaccine is months away, develops distribution plan
- GameStop brings Black Friday crowd, other Destiny USA stores not as busy
- Schedule for mandatory COVID-19 testing released for 30 schools in Onondaga County
- Baldwinsville Police looking for man who allegedly stole several items from Kinney Drugs
- Voting opens Friday for 5th annual downtown Syracuse Window Wonderland Contest
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9