NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — New York is raising the legal age for buying both cigarettes and electronic cigarettes from 18 to 21 on Wednesday of next week.
Both the State Senate and Assembly passed legislation in April and Governor Andrew Cuomo signed it in July.
The age will go up state-wide on November 13th. The legal smoking age is already 21 in Onondaga, Cortland, and Tompkins counties.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Diplomats speak out as impeachment inquiry goes public
- Syracuse councilor scraps proposed changes to citizen police review board
- Border sister cities tackle trade, violence and migrant crisis during joint meeting of councils
- Oneida City Police searching for missing 79 year-old woman
- Turkish president’s White House visit draws criticism from lawmakers
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9