NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — New York is raising the legal age for buying both cigarettes and electronic cigarettes from 18 to 21 on Wednesday of next week.
Both the State Senate and Assembly passed legislation in April and Governor Andrew Cuomo signed it in July.
The age will go up state-wide on November 13th. The legal smoking age is already 21 in Onondaga, Cortland, and Tompkins counties.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse women’s lacrosse game set for Friday moved
- WATCH: Lake effect snow stays well north of Syracuse overnight
- 3rd annual NAACP address to the community took place Thursday night
- Feds, Cuomo still in talks on Trusted Traveler ban
- 3 arrested following Auburn standoff
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9